Another year has come and gone here on the blog, and it was a big one for me personally as I was pregnant for most of the year and then had my first kid just in time for Thanksgiving. Being a new mom has definitely been a big change, and I’m still not sure what it means for my blog except that I’m not able to write as often. I hope to continue this year with my Weekly Photo Challenges and participating in the bimonthly GeekyNerdy Book Club and the monthly Star Wars coloring book Fan Art Friday. Apart from that I hope to do a “real” post every week or two.
The topics I want to cover this year include more book reviews of all kinds, video games, and a few brief science literacy topics. Also I’m watching a lot of TV and Netflix right now (thanks, kid), so you might see some of that here, too. Of course, I will always have various Star Wars topics. What would you guys like to read about this year?
In 2017, I had 14,255 views from 9,735 visitors, which is down a bit from the previous year, but I also didn’t post as much. I did have 604 comments which is a few more than the previous year, so I’m glad I was able to still have a high level of engagement with visitors. Here are some of the posts that drew people to the site.
Top Posts from 2017
- Hello, I’m an #ActualLivingScientist (AMA)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Shadow
- My Top 5 Versions of Beauty and the Beast
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Satisfaction
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Surprise
Most visited posts during 2017
- There is no hot air balloon in Around the World in Eighty Days
- We all got a chicken-duck-woman-thing waiting for us: Star Wars Bad Lip Reading
- Famous Introvert-Extrovert Pairs
- The chemistry of Payday 2
- More Star Wars Bad Lip Reading
My year end posts were:
In 2017 I got hits from 126 countries, including such gems as Gibraltar, Myanmar, Greenland, Kyrgyzstan, and Syria.
No surprise that my top 5 countries were:
- United States
- United Kingdom
Best wishes to everyone in the new year! What are you looking forward to in 2018?