From mainland Ecuador and the Galápagos islands.
Ecuador is such a colorful place! Clockwise from top left:
- Sally Lightfoot crabs are a common sight on the seaside rocks of the Galápagos islands.
- I found many flowers in the highlands around Quito.
- The minerals in the volcanic rocks of Bartolomé give them this cool (or should I say warm?) color.
- Close-up in the butterfly house at La Selva lodge in the lowland rainforest.
- I spotted these hoatzins from my cabin at La Selva; playing Amazon Trail as a kid truly prepared me for life as a biologist! 🙂