I have once again been nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award! Thank you to An Irrelevant Girl for the nomination and the questions. She is a poet whom I’ve been following for a few years.
Rules for the nomination:
- Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link back to their blog so others can find them.
- Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers and ask them 11 new questions.
- Notify the nominees about it by commenting on one of their blog posts.
- List the rules and display a Sunshine Blogger Award logo on your post and/or your blog site.
Do you remember any recent dreams?
No, but that is a boring answer, so I will tell you that I remember many dreams that I’ve had over the years, including two different ones where I died and then woke up. I have also had several dreams featuring my dad since he died last year, which I found very comforting.
2. What are you looking forward to, whether it’s short-term or long-term, close or far away?
I am looking forward to the birth of my second Little Jedi in the fall. While this is maybe not the time I would have chosen to have another kid, what with a global pandemic and all, I am hopeful about the future of our family as we grow and change. Though you may be seeing a bit less of me here on this blog in the coming year!
3. What’s your favourite word?
Oh, dear, I don’t know. I enjoy many words like “superfluous” and “perspicacity.” My toddler also tells me that “thermostat” is a funny word.
4. Is there anything about you that surprises people?
Possibly that I was in a sorority during university. I expect that I don’t come across as a typical sorority girl.
5. If you won the lottery, what’s the first thing you would buy?
Probably something supremely boring, like paying off my house.
6. What’s one thing you could spend a whole night talking about?
Star Wars! Also fantasy novels, and probably biological research.
7. What’s something that is nostalgic to you? (eg. an item, place, song etc.)
Things related to Florida, where I grew up, like palm trees, moss in oak trees, the beach, Disney, and horribly oppressive humidity.
8. Are you more of a lone wolf or a pack wolf?
Lone wolf! I am an introvert.
9. What’s your favourite sound?
Silence from my toddler’s room after bedtime.
But seriously, music of many kinds is my favorite thing to listen to. I almost always have music on the background when I am at work or writing. When I lived by myself I often put on headphones with music to fall asleep.
10. What’s your favourite thing about yourself?
Physically, my red hair. Personality-wise, my ability to be both logical and empathetic.
11. What’s something you haven’t done in a while but would like to do again?
Ohhh so many things. I have to keep reminding myself that when my kids are older I will have some time to myself again. It has been several months since I played the flute, and several years since I played tennis. I also haven’t done any fiction writing since November, I think, so I am hoping to do Camp NaNo this month to finish up the fanfic I was writing. In all my copious spare time.
I typically don’t do nominations for awards anymore because I simply don’t have the time, but feel free to answer these same questions yourself if you like! Consider yourself nominated ~_^
Check out my 11 answers from my first Sunshine Blogger Award here.