Lens-Artists Challenge #61 – Precious Pets

In general I often prefer animals to people.  I’ve had pets since I was young, and I’ve worked with animals in various ways throughout my career.  However, I would unequivocally say I am a cat person.  They have so much personality and require just the right amount of attention.

IMG_0887

Popcorn was my first cat.  She was very feisty, though she mellowed and became more of a lap cat when she was older.  She had the most beautiful long white coat, with a raccoon-like mask and tail.

20161225_112147

Jolee was the first cat my husband and I adopted together; we named him after a Star Wars character.  He was a huge troublemaker and figured out how to open the doors in our house.  He passed away rather suddenly this year and left a big hole in our lives.

Juhani is also named for a Star Wars character.  If there is a lap available, she will find it immediately.  She is the sweetest cat ever and tolerates our toddler with equanimity.

You can find more precious pets at the original Lens-Artist challenge.

10 thoughts on “Lens-Artists Challenge #61 – Precious Pets

1. Tina Schell September 2, 2019 / 10:07 pm

Interestingly, cats seem to be the preferred pets of our responders. Yours look so sweet and completely adorable!

• Mei-Mei September 2, 2019 / 10:13 pm

Maybe bloggers tend to be cat people?? 😀
      Thank you! I take more pictures of my cats than about anything else except maybe my kid, but the cats pose better!

2. Madame Writer September 3, 2019 / 7:12 am

So adorable! I’ve never had a cat, only dogs, but there is something so intelligent and powerful about them, especially for how small they are.

• Mei-Mei September 3, 2019 / 7:45 am

Yes, sometimes they are so intelligent it’s a bit scary! 🤣

3. Leya September 3, 2019 / 4:32 pm

Lovely cats! And I know the feeling of preferring animals to people…I am indeed both cat and dog person –

• Mei-Mei September 3, 2019 / 4:36 pm

I love dogs as well! But I think I am not suited to live with them full time. I enjoy taking the dogs at the animal shelter for walks instead. Pets just fill a special place in our lives.

• Leya September 3, 2019 / 5:04 pm

Yes, they fill a special place in life and heart.

• Mei-Mei September 7, 2019 / 1:45 pm

Thanks! Who doesn’t love pictures of cats in places they aren’t really meant to be? 😂