Lens-Artists Photo Challenge #34: Close-Up

My cameras and phones have never been really good enough to get good macro shots, so here are some close-ups of architecture: Sagrada Familia church in Barcelona, Spain; the capital of a Corinthian-style column in Venice; a bench wall by the sea in Palma de Mallorca, Spain.

And just for fun, I was playing with my phone today, so here is a close-up of my cat Juhani.

20190224_130705.jpg

You can find more close ups at the original Lens-Artist challenge.

13 thoughts on “Lens-Artists Photo Challenge #34: Close-Up

• Mei-Mei February 25, 2019 / 8:11 pm

I love taking pictures of them when they are napping on my lap!

1. For Tyeth February 25, 2019 / 8:55 pm

I am impressed by these images, much better than the ones I get with my old Fujifilm 12x zoom digital camera…but I just had to “paws” when I saw Juhani. I’m sorry couldn’t help myself 😀 !

2. The Arcane Nibbler February 26, 2019 / 9:06 am

I love the photo of the Barcelona church. Fabulous. Does the rest of the church have details of this sort?

• Mei-Mei February 26, 2019 / 9:27 am

Yes! Each facade actually has a different style, but the whole thing is incredibly detailed. This is from the Nativity facade.

• Mei-Mei February 26, 2019 / 9:28 am

Isn’t it? The style is not everyone’s cup of tea, but Sagrada Familia is the most amazing church I have ever been to.

• The Arcane Nibbler February 26, 2019 / 9:32 am

I have to think that the imagination, detail, planning, and hard work that went into such a structure would be pleasing to the god it celebrates.

• Mei-Mei February 26, 2019 / 10:15 am

As a Catholic, that is certainly my hope 🙂

3. Amy February 26, 2019 / 7:26 pm

Get close to see the beauty, well done, Mei-Mei!