Lens-Artists Photo Challenge #22: Happiness is…

img_1683

Visiting Gaudi’s unfinished church La Sagrada Familia in Barcelona was one of the most moving and spiritual experiences of my life.  I was prepared to appreciate the unique architecture, but I was not prepared for the feeling of wonder, awe, and peace of this space.  Truly, it is a place where you can feel the presence of God.

To see more Happiness photos, check out the original post.

7 thoughts on “Lens-Artists Photo Challenge #22: Happiness is…

1. Imperial Talker December 3, 2018 / 12:35 pm

Wowzers! My wife’s family lives in Sevilla and I am definitely gonna have to head up to Barcelona to see this next time we are in Spain.

• Mei-Mei December 3, 2018 / 9:41 pm

Barcelona is a great city, and this was the highlight for me. You should go see it!
      Sevilla is also a beautiful city! The cathedral with the Giralda is pretty amazing and a very cool mix of cultures.

2. Leya December 3, 2018 / 2:31 pm

I agree – totally, with every word you say. Six years ago we visited the cathedral, and I could hardly leave…I think I spent 2-3 hours just looking at all the fantastic details and the glory of it all. Your post made me long for a new visit. It is magical, and knowing how Gaudi was thinking and what made him go on, and his tragic death adds to the wonder.

• Mei-Mei December 3, 2018 / 9:48 pm

I definitely lost track of time and didn’t want to leave. I hope to go back someday when it’s completed…hopefully in my lifetime haha. Gaudi was an amazing visionary.

• Leya December 4, 2018 / 4:07 am

I think they said 2025? But dates change of course.

• Mei-Mei December 7, 2018 / 9:15 am

I was there about 6 years ago, I would love to go back when it’s finished!