Fan Art Friday: Beautiful Battle Droid

Welcome back to our Star Wars coloring book club, where Kiri at Star Wars Anonymous and I color the same image every month to compare and contrast.

This month’s image was so funny to me because of the incongruous mix of roses and a B2 super battle droid.  So I decided to play into this and make this picture as pretty as possible!

I used mostly “rose” colors: peach, pink, red, yellow, etc.  Then I threw in some green for leaves and some light blue to balance.  My favorite thing was trying to make the roses look like stained glass by outlining the petals in a darker shade.

Check out Kiri’s darling rose-loving battle droid here.

Next month, in preparation for The Last Jedi, we’ll do a close-up of R2-D2 (who is, of course, the real star of the Star Wars movies :D).

20171101_100705.jpg

12 thoughts on “Fan Art Friday: Beautiful Battle Droid

1. starwarsanon November 3, 2017 / 12:56 pm

Oh, yay, you do want to do another picture! I wasn’t sure due to your upcoming little Jedi. This picture cracked me up too. It’s sooooo funny. I put in a whole story of what I think happened and how it got into the book. I like your colors. I veered more towards red because of the violence and roses.

• Mei-Mei November 5, 2017 / 1:59 pm

Yeah, I hope I can color and schedule the post already this week before he comes. Not sure about January, but we’ll see 🙂

I love your whole story haha! I really like both of ours this month, we did great! Similar but different 🙂

2. Michael J. Miller November 6, 2017 / 2:35 pm

I hope we get lots of Artoo action in ‘The Last Jedi’! I felt his absence almost as much as I did Luke’s in ‘The Force Awakens.’ So I’m hoping we get lots of time with our favorite, lovable little astromech.

Also, I always enjoy these coloring pieces! I, myself, totally lack the patience for the “adult coloring book” scene. My girlfriend had purchased one filled with beautiful pictures of mandalas…and I bought a totally traditional Ninja Turtle one and an Avengers one :). I certainly colored my pictures quicker but they lacked the detail that hers (and yours) certainly have. Regardless, we do have fun sitting around and coloring from time to time. I love the Battle Droid and I can’t want for Artoo. Woo!

• Mei-Mei November 7, 2017 / 11:46 pm

I also hope we get more R2!
      I have a TMNT coloring book also 🙂 I’m glad you enjoy the coloring, too. It doesn’t have to be a great work of art to be fun hehe

• Michael J. Miller November 8, 2017 / 9:50 pm

I loved it as a kid and, it turns out, I still really enjoy it now! Is your Turtles coloring book a regular one of one of the more intricate, fancy ones??

• Mei-Mei November 15, 2017 / 1:18 pm

The Turtles one has some of the comic artwork mixed with some more cartoony images. I’ll have to finish the one I’ve been working on and post it!

• Michael J. Miller November 15, 2017 / 9:48 pm

Oh, yay! That would be brilliant! I can ALWAYS use a little more Turtles in my day :). I am soooooo happy that IDW comics is doing another TMNT/Ghostbusters crossover miniseries now. It is every bit as fun as it was when I had my toys team-up as a kid!

3. For Tyeth November 7, 2017 / 6:49 pm

Hello Mei-Mei, a friend of mine who is a member of one of the lightsaber owners forums I belong to, created a piece of art very much like your Mandala pictures and I thought you and your readers may like to see it. His name is Dav and he drew this himself based on the Jedi Order Symbol. I hope you like it, here’s the link to the forum page where it is posted:

p.s. if the link doesn’t work let me know and I’ll post it again on my blog.

• Mei-Mei November 7, 2017 / 11:53 pm

I love that green color scheme! Thanks for sharing 🙂

• For Tyeth November 8, 2017 / 8:06 am

I shall pass on your kind remarks to my friend. His artwork caused a little stir on the forum itself, so he’ll be so pleased to know others outside of the lightsaber community liked it too. Thanks.