For this award, the rules are:
- Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions set by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and then write 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger award logo in a post/on your site
My award images are kind of taking over the whole side of my blog now, so I’m thinking of moving them to my About page.
Aaaand the questions from Ellie:
Are you hooked on any particular TV show at the moment? What is it?
The only two current shows I’m really watching right now are The Expanse (great space sci-fi) on SyFy and Into the Badlands (martial arts epic) on AMC. I’d definitely recommend both.
I’m also always watching Asian dramas on Netflix; my recent favorites are Hello, My Twenties and Descendants of the Sun, the latter of which I would recommend to anyone. It’s probably the best Kdrama I’ve ever seen.
2. What was the last book you read? How did you find it?
The last complete book I read was Eligible, a modern retelling of Pride and Prejudice, by Curtis Sittenfeld. I read it all in one day, and it was an entertaining read; I liked the characters and some concepts, but it lacks the wit and depth of the original.
I am currently in the middle of The Princess Bride by William Goldman, which is wonderful, just like the movie.
3. Battle of the entertainment mediums! Which is your favourite – books, TV, films, comic books, video games, tabletop games etc.?
Books! I could not live without books. (And 99% of the time, the book is better than the movie anyways.) But I also greatly enjoy all those other media, especially comics/manga and games.
4. Is there any fictional character you have always wanted to be? Who?
Hmmm, I’m not really sure. I guess my fake namesake, Meiling Li from Cardcaptor Sakura. Also, I would love to be Belle from Masque, one of my favorite Beauty and the Beast retellings. She just seems to be so full of life and on top of things.
5. Science or technology?
Well, I am “science” and my husband is “technology,” so I get plenty of both in my daily life. 🙂
6. Have you ever read a book that you felt was written just for you? What was it?
I have read many books where I felt it was just the right time for me to be reading it. But I’m not sure I’ve ever felt a book was written just for me.
7. If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would you choose?
Pasta! I love to eat plain noodles with a little butter and parmesan cheese. It would take me a really, really long time to get sick of it.
8. Can an adaptation ever be better than the original?
Sure! Some stories and some visions are just well-suited for a certain medium. Even movie adaptations of books can improve on them, giving needed editing and streamlining while adding visual interest. Some movies I think were better than the book: The Jane Austen Book Club and The Help. I could make an argument for Catching Fire and The Princess Bride, too.
9. Who is the most famous person you’ve met?
10. What’s your favourite season?
Probably summer, because I love warm weather best. But I will say that Ohio’s best season is unquestionably fall.
11. Share one of your favourite quotes!
“Fear cuts deeper than swords.”
This is a line from A Game of Thrones by George RR Martin. I’m going to embroider it on a pillow or something someday. Like Arya, I repeat it like a mantra for strength.
No nominations from me this time because I’m just too busy, but feel free to consider yourself tagged if you’d like to answer these questions, too!