Another year, another new award! I’m thrilled to have been nominated for the Mystery Blogger Award by Michael J. Miller over at My Comic Relief. Thank you!
The Mystery Blogger Award was created by Okoto Enigma and “is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging and they do it with so much love and passion.”
- Put the award logo/image on your blog
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
- You have to nominate 10 – 20 people
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify)
- Share a link to your best post(s)
Three things about me (New Year edition)
- I am currently using Memrise to help practice my beginner’s Japanese. It’s good for refreshing basic grammar and vocabulary. I already know katakana and hiragana, and the app is helping me learn some basic kanji, too. My only complaint is that it renders English loan words in hiragana instead of katakana, which is not really correct.
- I got a new phone case for Christmas; it has an image of stacks of Star Wars EU (now Legends) novels. Aaaand I totally own about half of the books pictured, plus I’ve read most of the ones I don’t own anyways.
- I apparently listened to 7,663 songs (over 448 hours) on Pandora in 2016 (mostly two stations: K-pop Radio and my personal alt rock one called The Alternation). That also doesn’t consider any of the music I streamed on Spotify, which I discovered this year. Basically, I listen to music when I’m driving, writing, cleaning, reading, gaming, working in the lab…
Questions from the nominator (Michael)
1) If you were a superhero in real life, would you let anyone in on your secret? If so, who? Why?
I’m guessing my husband would probably need to know. But otherwise, no; I don’t really like talking about myself.
2) Where would you go if you had a two week, all expense-paid vacation to anywhere in the world?
Right now, Japan. I’d also love to go back to places I’ve already been: Ireland, Spain, central Florida where I used to live (including trips to both the beach and Disney).
3) Regardless of whether or not you actively enjoy doing karaoke, what is/would be your go-to karaoke jam?
I used to play Rock Band all the time, and my favorite song to sing was Still Alive, from the video game Portal. Also, anything by Fall Out Boy or Paramore.
4) Who would play you in the movie of your life? (I stole this from the Bradscribe because I dig it.)
No idea. I’m thinking Mae Whitman, if she dyed her hair strawberry blond. Emma Stone is also a possibility.
…and the weird/fun one…
5) If you had to have a talking animal sidekick for the rest of your life, what would it be? Why?
A cat is the obvious answer, because I have two, and one of them talks all the time anyways (just not in English). But I could also go with a squirrel or a red panda or something else cute and fluffy.
My “Best” Post
I’ve published more than 550 posts on this blog, so it’s kinda hard to choose one. I would say the most dramatic is my account of my trip to Skellig Michael, the rugged island off the Irish coast that serves as Ahch-To in the new Star Wars movies.
For the sake of time, I’m going to trim this down to five people whose blogs have really inspired me and shown me their love of blogging.
- Novella and Bananabelle
- The Well-Red Mage
- Jaysen Headley Writes
- BQB at Bookshelf Battle
- The Green Onion Blog
My questions for nominees (or feel free to answer the same ones I did)
- What’s the most recent game you’ve played? Could be a board game, video game, etc.
- What’s your favorite Star Wars movie and why? (If you say one of the prequels, I reserve the right to unfollow you ~_^ KIDDING)
- Do you have any goals for reading this year?
- If you had a superpower, what would it be?
- Going off my answer to #5 above, I’ll give you a choice for the fun/weird one:
- What animal would your Patronus be? or
- What animal would your daemon settle as?