I got so many awesome things from my family and friends this Christmas! One of my friends actually made me pottery. How cool is that?
You’ve already seen the awesome Falcon my husband made me…it was filled with candy, as well as Star Wars-themed cups. The cups had images from various movies, etc., but I was kinda disappointed that the Rebels one had Ezra, Kanan, and Zeb but not Hera or Sabine. 😦 I did get a Captain Phasma lollipop though!
He also got me some Christmas lawn decorations. There was some jumping and excited screaming involved.
Yes, that is a T-rex with a Christmas present. Yes, his head moves. YES, THERE IS A MATCHING STEGOSAURUS WITH A SANTA HAT THAT ALSO MOVES ITS TAIL. I’ll post pics of that one some time, too.
My husband is the best.
Books (aka the best gift ever)
- xxxHolic v1 by the incomparable CLAMP and Ms. Marvel v1 —I want to read more comics this year!
- Shades of Grey by Jasper Fforde—all my friends rave about this author
- Several sci-fi and fantasy books by local authors, including The Warrior Heir by Cinda Williams Chima
- Skylights by Luther Siler—oh wait, I bought that for myself.
- Splendor—a very fun card drafting/development game with very pretty art. It has pretty simple mechanics, plays 2-4 people, and has good replay value.
- Mysterium—the English version of a fun social game I wrote about previously; it’s like a mix of Dixit and Clue
- B also received One Night Ultimate Werewolf, Sheriff of Nottingham, and Codenames
- Frozen—there’s going to be a lot of singing
- The Force Awakens soundtrack by John Williams—I can’t wait to get a better listen to this. I think it will be great writing music!
Last but not least:
- R2 soup—yes, my parents got me a can of Star Wars soup as a Christmas present. I absolutely ate it and it was delicious.