K-pop is slightly notorious for having some really weird MVs; sometimes they even border on creepy, like this one from hip-hop group Block B.
Warning: there are clowns. But only at the beginning.
Beyond the awesomely bizarre visuals, I feel like there’s a whole lot of metaphor going on in the video. This young girl seems to have been kidnapped, brainwashed, trained and made over like a doll; people have speculated that it’s a critique of the idol industry.
The members (in the order they start singing):
- Zico (0:37)—leader, main rapper
- P.O (1:06)—rapper, maknae
- U-Kwon (1:14)–vocalist, lead dancer
- Taeil (1:21)—main vocalist
- Kyung (1:53)—lead rapper
- B-Bomb (2:09)—vocalist, main dancer
- Jaehyo (3:00)—lead vocalist, visual
“Main” is ranked higher than “lead” in these positions. Zico is actually not the oldest but simply has the personality to be the leader. The “maknae” is the baby of the group (P.O doesn’t fit the maknae mold at all lol). The visual is basically the most attractive member who does promotional activities.
More from Block B:
More Halloween-appropriate K-pop MVs:
- SHINee’s “Married to the Music”
- BTOB’s “Thriller”
- 4Minute’s “What’s Your Name” (a perfectly normal MV until zombies at 2:15…)
- T-ara’s “Lovey Dovey”
- TWICE’s “Like Ooh-Ahh” (more zombies) and “TT”