I though this video was stupid at first, but once I became a fan of 2NE1 I really started to appreciate it. It was shot by the group members themselves, a unique concept for an MV.
I love how the girls’ personalities come across in this video. I highly suspect there may have been some alcohol involved at points, haha. My favorite part is around 1:53, when Dara’s doing bicycle legs on the windowsill and CL shakes her head and makes her get down.
Also great: Bom’s surprise kiss at 2:30 and CL covering up Minzy’s booty popping at the end.
This MV doesn’t show much of the choreography, but a practice video was also released–and they’re actually singing live in their dance practice!
The members (in the order they start singing):
- CL (0:16)—leader, main rapper, lead vocalist
- Bom (0:31 and 1:16)—main vocalist
- Dara (0:47)—visual, vocalist
- Minzy (1:01)—main dancer, lead vocalist, lead rapper, maknae
“Main” is ranked higher than “lead” in these positions. CL is actually not the oldest but simply has the personality to be the leader. The “maknae” is the baby of the group. The visual is basically the most attractive member who does promotional activities.
More from 2NE1:
- Come Back Home (cool dystopian theme)
- Diplo has been producing songs featuring CL to introduce her to the American music market, including Dirty Vibe (with Skrillex and G-Dragon) and Doctor Pepper (with RiFF RAFF and OG Maco)–fyi these videos/songs are much more risque than typical K-pop fare