I was recently nominated for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award by Marcia Strykowski, children’s author. Thank you!
The rules for this award:
- Display the award on your blog
- Link back to the person who nominated you
- State 7 things about yourself
- Nominate 15 bloggers, link to them, and notify them about their nominations
So here’s 7 things about me:
- I’ve owned 3 hamsters, several cats, and many fish in my life.
- After college I worked as a zookeeper for 6 mo, then at an animal shelter for a year before getting my current research job.
- I love olives, but I remove the pimientos before I eat them because they are gross. My husband does this, too. It’s how we knew we were meant to be together. (Not really.)
- I taught myself to read before I started school, and I pretty much haven’t stopped.
- I can speak Spanish conversationally and speak and read some very basic Japanese. I’d love to learn more languages.
- I just finished hand writing thank you notes to my family for Christmas presents.
- I am very very indecisive. I’ve been trying to buy bedroom furniture for 2 years. I’m agonizing over it so much I’m almost to the point where I just don’t care anymore.
Now to nominate other blogs that I find inspiring. I find 15 to be a little overwhelming, so I’m gonna cut it down to 7. (I’m terrible at following these rules…) I know some of you don’t participate in awards, or have received this award already, so just accept my complements with no obligation!
- Uncle Spike’s Adventures—travel photos and farming in Turkey
- leaf and twig—daily nature photos and poetry
- Winter Foxes—lovely lovely sketches (her girls have the prettiest hair)
- Star Wars Anonymous–all things relating to my favorite movies
- Bookshelf Battle—literature, writing, and assorted other pop culture
- Things Matter—literature, writing, and assorted other pop culture…like comics!
- Last but not least: Infinitefreetime—humorous tales of teaching, writing, and just about anything, really
Thank you! Admittedly, it’s taken me awhile to find my voice, and I still am. “Literature, writing, and assorted other pop culture sounds good.” That, and a promise to actually review a book sometime between now and 2020.
“All things relating to my favorite movies”. Ah, yes, I strive to do that for anyone who loves Star Wars. It’s funny, I started the blog and wanted to be sure that I didn’t deviate from Star Wars. I thought it would be hard since WP is not just Star Wars, like hyperspace was, but a myriad of different blogs. Instead, I’ve been delighted at how easy it’s been to continuously write about Star Wars (except for year end reflections) and I love having followers like you who keep me inspired! So thank you! This award is, actually, an award for my followers.
That said, I will answer these questions soon 🙂 Thanks for the award!
Thanks for the nomination!
Thank you !
I’m one of those strange ‘award-free’ domains, but the very fact that you thought to nominate us is special. Here’s hoping you have a great weekend.