A big thanks to starwarsanon for tagging me in this fun little “about me” game. Here we go!
1. Post these rules. (Done.)
2. Post a photo of yourself and eleven random facts about you. (I’m going to ignore this rule. I’m trying to keep this blog fairly anonymous, so it seems best not to go posting lots of pictures of myself. Also, eleven facts is a lot, and I am lazy.)
3. Answer the questions given to you in the tagger’s post. (See below.)
4. Create eleven new questions and tag new people to answer them. (I don’t really know anyone else in the blogosphere, soooo I think I will opt out this time around. This round dies with me.)
5. Go to their blog/Twitter and let them know they’ve been tagged. (That seems unnecessary, given my response to #4.)
1) Do you actually want to be participating in this blog tag right now?
Sure! Well, I don’t know if this counts as “participating” since I completely disregarded 3/5 of the rules. But this is my first time getting tagged in a game, so I’m excited to start becoming part of the blogging community!
2) What does the future hold for you?
God, I wish I knew. Some days I think I’ll be a best-selling author by 35, and other days I see an crazy cat lady. I hope it holds many years with my husband in a happy home, and a life of learning.
3) What is the biggest lie you have ever told?
I seldom lie. I am bad at it. These two facts may be related, I don’t know. Either way, I steer clear of bluffing games. I once forgot to write a bibliography page for a paper in middle school; I wrote it during lunch and told the teacher it fell off in my backpack. Clearly, it still haunts me. Don’t worry, Mrs. Hess, it wasn’t you. 🙂
I tell little white lies, half-truths, and small lies of omission all the time; they are what keep society polite.
4) What’s your favorite moment in Star Wars?
Of all these questions, this one was the hardest!! I take my Star Wars seriously.
I remember as a kid, I loved when Luke first moves his lightsaber in the wampa cave. Pretty much from that moment I was hooked.
I have lots of favorite moments, though. In Ep IV, my favorite is probably the cantina scene. In Ep V, I love the Battle of Hoth because it highlights Rogue Squadron. I also like the bounty hunter party on the Executor. In Ep VI…I love the Ewoks. Sorry. I was, like, 8. Little girls love teddy bears.
5) Have you ever done a really nice act and no one has witnessed it? You know you should feel good about just doing the nice thing with no one watching, but you actually kinda want some credit. What was that nice thing? Share it with the world! (finally)
I’m sure I have done this (right?), but I can’t for the life of me think of a specific instance. I’m not much for self-promotion anyways.
6) What’s your favorite weather?
Partly cloudy and 80°. I also love when it snows but doesn’t stick to the road.
7) What did you think you were going to be when you grew up? Do you still want to be that? Are you that?
When I was little, my list of possible occupations included: ballerina, nun, naturalist. The first two are right out (I have thighs and a husband), but I am a biologist…so, close?
8) What’s the best food or drink you’ve ever had?
My tastes are rather plain. Right now, I am seriously missing home-cooked Spanish food. Even if I go to a Spanish restaurant, I can’t find cocido, or chorizo and manchego sandwiches, or tortilla española like my host mom used to make. With sangria to drink. Yes, please.
9) What’s one regret?
I regret finishing all the ice cream yesterday and not buying more.
10) What’s your biggest pet peeve?
Ooooh, I have lots. Bad grammar. Not signaling lane changes. At work, my biggest is when people don’t ask before they borrow reagents or equipment.
11) What’s your guilty pleasure music right now?
I bought Fall Out Boy’s new album last week. I love them. I own all their albums. Call me emo kid if you will.